At Paris Corporation we are passionate about achieving results and having fun winning as a team! We provide amazing job opportunities with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, dynamic, fast-paced, and fun workplace environment.
Paris is one of the largest paper converters and distributors in North America. We are a leading supplier of paper and business products for retail and commercial customers. However, we’re more than just paper and office supplies!
Paris is a company with a solid financial track-record and an entrepreneurial vision looking to add the right people to our currently high-performing team. If you’re willing to jump in and roll up your sleeves and want a company that will invest in you in return, then Paris may be the perfect place for you!
The Supply Chain Specialist is primarily responsible for managing the following: materials requirements planning, purchasing, supplier relationships, product life cycle. This position will manage select suppliers to ensure on-time delivery at competitive pricing while managing inventory levels at all distribution sites and vendors to prevent shortages and maximize turns. This includes identifying and ordering the proper quantity, negotiating pricing and shipment terms while overseeing the timely delivery of materials needed to meet demand. The Supply Chain Specialist is responsible for responding to changes in demand and solving supply chain issues that may arise. He/she will communicate regularly with internal stakeholders and suppliers in order to avoid unforeseen changes or surprises in demand and/or supply.
- Work collaboratively with all departments to ensure delivery deadlines/inventory goals are met (includes scheduling, forecasting, production, etc.)
- Monitor material inventories, track progress of production and review factors which affect schedules
- Manage daily in-stock items for all replenished SKUs to meet/exceed customer requirements for fill-rates and must-arrive-by dates
- Weekly replenishment of products to all distribution centers, 3PL facilities and direct shipments from suppliers to customers
- Management of monthly forecasting process; working with all available resources to achieve complete accuracy
- Identification of both cost and inventory reductions for savings/efficiency
- Creation and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Assessment/dissemination of vendor performance
- Purchasing of products, raw materials and services to fulfill demands
- Research alternative sources to reduce costs and improve service levels
- The ability to know when to intervene and/or expedite orders and the ability to use problem-solving skills to bring issues to a satisfactory resolution
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors’ degree in Logistics, Operations Management, or general Business is strongly preferred (or combination of education and experience)
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant Supply Chain experience, with primary focus in either procurement or forecasting
- The ability to analyze data, find meaningful insights and note important trends
- Ability to interpret and adjust to situations that involve conflicting goals
- Strong computer skills, with Microsoft Office proficiency (an Excel superuser)
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines
- Customer-focused with the ability to work with all levels of an organization
- Superior communication skills (verbal and written) with a strong attention to detail
- MRP systems experience required
- APICS certification a plus
- Paris offers a very competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Associates are able to participate in our 401K plan – Paris matches 50% of the first 7% of salary
- Employees are eligible for an annual incentive pay program (paid quarterly) based in part on individual performance, group goals and overall company performance
- Employees are also eligible for cash awards and plaques that celebrate achievements, tenure, family birthdays, and new family arrivals.
- Charitable Giving – Make It Better is an employee run charity that oversees the donation of approximately 1% of the company’s net income to charities that are within the communities of where our employees live and work and that are dedicated to helping those in need.
Local candidates only, no relocation assistance available