At Paris Corporation we are passionate about achieving results and having fun winning as a team! We provide amazing job opportunities with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, dynamic, fast-paced, and fun workplace environment.
Paris is one of the largest paper converters and distributors in North America. We are a leading supplier of paper and business products for retail and commercial customers. However, we’re more than just paper and office supplies!
Recently, a whole new division of the company was launched: Weego—portable power. Our award-winning Weego products have been featured in places as varied as BuzzFeed, Philly.com, Good Housekeeping, and Fox News.
Paris is a company with a solid financial track-record and an entrepreneurial vision looking to add the right people to our currently high-performing team. If you’re willing to jump in and roll up your sleeves and want a company that will invest in you in return, then Paris may be the perfect place for you!
Position Summary: Paris Corporation is hiring hard working and motivated associates to join our distribution crew! The ideal shipping associate will possess leadership abilities, promote safety, and demonstrate teamwork. This position is responsible for freight loading, unloading, breakdown and sorting, assembly and preparation of pallets for products to be shipped.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Pick orders through RF gun: quickly, accurately, and efficiently
- Loading/unloading trailers/trucks
- Building pallets with various products for customer orders
- Release orders from computer system after carrier pick-up
- Putting inventory into proper location
- Labeling orders/repairing damaged cartons
- Assist with cycle counts and physical inventory counts
- Keep inventory and warehouse clean
- Interact with numerous drivers/vendors on a daily basis
- Follow safety/company regulations on forklift/equipment
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior sit-down forklift experience in a manufacturing environment is highly desired. (Clamp truck experience a plus, but will train)
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Strong computer skills: WMS, MS Office, RF Guns, etc.
- Familiarity with standard practices in Shipping/Receiving environment necessary
- Ability to work flexible schedules
- Ability to lead and direct a team
- Detail-oriented, ability to balance speed with accuracy
- Always on time and great attendance record
- Team player
- Paris offers a very competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental,vision, and disability insurance
- Associates are able to participate in our 401K plan – Paris matches 50% of the first 7% of salary
- Employees are eligible for an annual incentive pay program (paid quarterly) based in part on individual performance, group goals and overall company performance
- Employees are also eligible for cash awards and plaques that celebrate achievements,tenure, family birthdays, and new family arrivals.
- Charitable Giving – Make It Better is an employee run charity that oversees the donation of approximately 1% of the company’s net income to charities that are within the communities of where our employees live and work and that are dedicated to helping those in need.
Local candidates only, no relocation assistance available