At Paris Corporation we are passionate about achieving results and having fun winning as a team! We provide amazing job opportunities with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, dynamic, fast-paced, and fun workplace environment.
Paris is one of the largest paper converters and distributors in North America. We are a leading supplier of paper and business products for retail and commercial customers. However, we’re more than just paper and office supplies!
Paris is a company with a solid financial track-record and an entrepreneurial vision looking to add the right people to our currently high-performing team. If you’re willing to jump in and roll up your sleeves and want a company that will invest in you in return, then Paris may be the perfect place for you!
The Production Manager will provide leadership to the Production organization.Responsibilities include the planning, directing, monitoring, scheduling staff and work operations of all production in a safe and efficient manner. This position is responsible for driving efficiencies and meeting and improving on production goals through lean methodologies and for adhering to high quality standards.
Additional responsibilities for Production Manager include support to the company’s strategic planning process and preparation of the budget for production, as well as, activities to identify inefficiencies and vulnerabilities within the Operations organization.
- Review performance against goals and report on performance.
- Review and approve cost estimates, manpower and facilities requirements forecast.
- Continuously improve on the quarterly performance incentive plan
- Develop and present to senior leadership organizational, strategic, and operational proposals aimed at continually advancing production effectiveness.
- Define, prioritize, and participate in initiatives to improve planning, materials management, and production processes, as well as, to improve integration between departments
- Maintain production manning schedules and plan
- Establish and monitor short- and long-term performance objectives and goals including,but not limited to: Safety, On-Time Delivery, Profitability, Cost Savings and Quality.
- Coach and provide continuous feedback to team members on performance. Identify training needs and provide the opportunity to develop
- Develop succession plans for key positions and ensure that the appropriate mentoring,training, and job assignments are in place to prepare candidates for broader roles.
- Maintain consistent cross-training program and maintain staff capabilities matrix
- Maintain equipment by as recommended by Facilities Management preventive maintenance requirements,
- Promote and ensure the use of LEAN thinking and 5S principles to reduce waste, improve quality, increase efficiency, promote safety and foster continuous improvement (Sort, Set, Shine, Standardize and Sustain)
- Develop, test and evaluate new techniques to improve production and lower costs
- Identify, test and evaluate new equipment to improve production and lower costs
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management and Engineering and/or equivalent work experience
- Experience in a paper converting or printing industry is preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a Manufacturing environment, including: Manufacturing Experience, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Supply Management, Developing Standards, Managing Profitability, People Management, Promoting Process Improvement, Decision Making, Professionalism, Quality Management
- Strong team leadership and motivating skills. Lead by example and offers encouragement and support where needed
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Self-driven,results-oriented, and motivated to work effectively without direct supervision
- Flexible to adapt to changing requirements and priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to communicate procedures and instructions to department heads and employees
- Strong Management and organizational skills. Well-organized, results-oriented, energetic, team player with proven decision-making ability
- Excellent project management and process planning skills
- Ability to drive high standards in Quality, Efficiency, and Accuracy
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and ERP/business systems
- Paris offers a very competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Associates are able to participate in our 401K plan – Paris matches 50% of the first 7% of salary
- Employees are eligible for an annual incentive pay program (paid quarterly) based in part on individual performance, group goals and overall company performance
- Employees are also eligible for cash awards and plaques that celebrate achievements, tenure,family birthdays, and new family arrivals.
- Charitable Giving– Make It Better is an employee run charity that oversees the donation of approximately 1% of the company’s net income to charities that are within the communities of where our employees live and work and that are dedicated to helping those in need.
Local candidates only please, no relocation assistance available