At Paris Corporation we are passionate about achieving results and having fun winning as a team! We provide amazing job opportunities with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, dynamic, fast-paced, and fun workplace environment.
Paris is one of the largest paper converters and distributors in North America. We are a leading supplier of paper and business products for retail and commercial customers. However, we’re more than just paper and office supplies!
Recently, a whole new division of the company was launched: Weego—portable power. Our award-winning Weego products have been featured in places as varied as BuzzFeed, Philly.com, Good Housekeeping, and Fox News.
Paris is a company with a solid financial track-record and an entrepreneurial vision looking to add the right people to our currently high-performing team. If you’re willing to jump in and roll up your sleeves and want a company that will invest in you in return, then Paris may be the perfect place for you!
Position Summary: We are looking for several Packaging Associates for 1st (7:00 am to 3:00 pm) and 2nd shifts (3:00 pm to 11:00 pm). The Packaging Associate will work as a member of a three-person team in order to maximize performance during the shift. The team will consist of one line leader and two packaging associates. In order to be successful, all team members will rotate positions daily between loading, starting/stopping and boxing the finished product at the end of the line. All team members will utilize downtime effectively, avoid waste, maintain cleanliness in work area and maintain a safe work environment. This position has opportunity for growth and advancement.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure all cartons, slip sheets, labeled boxes, and related materials are at the packaging line. Be sure skids, shrink wrapper and banders are ready.
- Load machines for batching and counting process, inspect product thru wrapping process, box product and palletize to required specifications.
- General housekeeping around machinery including making sure press area is always clean.
- Miscellaneous duties assigned as required in all areas of plant.
- Compliance with all safety requirements. Ensure all machine guarding is in place when working on the equipment.
Key Job Responsibilities: Line Leader
- Direct the team and oversee the entire production line.
- Trouble shoot equipment problems.
- Provide team training and development.
- Maintain the machine log book daily and post results into the computer system.
- Ensure all team members follow all company policies.
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Lifting requirement of 25 pounds
- 2-3 years’ experience in a fast paced, light industrial environment is preferred
- Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team player, self-motivated, flexible, hands-on, detail, safety and quality oriented
- Prompt and reliable
- Proficient mechanical capabilities
- Detail oriented, conscientious and the ability to work independently without a lot of supervision
- Paris offers a very competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Associates are able to participate in our 401K plan – Paris matches 50% of the first 7% of salary
- Employees are eligible for an annual incentive pay program (paid quarterly) based in part on individual performance, group goals and overall company performance
- Employees are also eligible for cash awards and plaques that celebrate achievements, tenure, family birthdays, and new family arrivals.
- Charitable Giving – Make It Better is an employee run charity that oversees the donation of approximately 1% of the company’s net income to charities that are within the communities of where our employees live and work and that are dedicated to helping those in need.
Local candidates only, no relocation assistance available