At Paris Corporation we are passionate about achieving results and having fun winning as a team! We provide amazing job opportunities with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, dynamic, fast-paced, and fun workplace environment.
Paris is one of the largest paper converters and distributors in North America. We are a leading supplier of paper and business products for retail and commercial customers. However, we’re more than just paper and office supplies!
Recently, a whole new division of the company was launched: Weego—portable power. Our award-winning Weego products have been featured in places as varied as BuzzFeed, Philly.com, Good Housekeeping, and Fox News.
Paris is a company with a solid financial track-record and an entrepreneurial vision looking to add the right people to our currently high-performing team. If you’re willing to jump in and roll up your sleeves and want a company that will invest in you in return, then Paris may be the perfect place for you!
Paris is seeking a Controller who is responsible for the day-to-day operations of Paris’ accounting and financial systems. This includes the production of timely and accurate financial reports, working with a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, ensure the accuracy of Paris’ reported financial results and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. The Controller will function as a hands-on leader, working with the CFO to implement and execute financial and operational strategies.
- Accurate and timely production of all financial statements and reports
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory and 3rd parties’ financial reports.
- Directly responsible for recording journal entries required to reflect monthly activities
- Manages general and cost accounting activities in performing all general ledger functions and keeps custody of accounting books, records and forms
- Directly responsible for monthly accounting close process, including analytical review of the monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained; calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Oversees the handling of customer portfolios of major customers and is responsible for maintaining outstanding balance including invoice re-billing and collection of delinquent accounts.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Perform cost center analysis, and make recommendations to team and management
- Perform cash projections to effectively manage cash balances and maximize the return on any excess cash balances
- Maintenance of fixed asset records for accurate inventory and depreciation
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors and examiners
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Participate with other managers and lead organizational financial diligence and oversight
- Coaches and develops employees; plan, monitor and hold team accountable for job results
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business administration
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in a related field.
- Candidates with the Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant or MBA designations preferred.
- Able to analyze, organize, summarize and articulate financial information
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- High emotional intelligence in relating to direct team and other Paris employees
- Customer focused, accountable and responsive team player, with ability to quickly prioritize among numerous pressing tasks
- Task and goal oriented and capable of functioning in an entrepreneurial and corporate setting
- Credible, ethical and clean financial history
- Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work product
- Good GAAP and financial reporting technical skills
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Achieves budget objectives by monitoring expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Paris offers a very competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Associates are able to participate in our 401K plan – Paris matches 50% of the first 7% of salary
- Employees are eligible for an annual incentive pay program (paid quarterly) based in part on individual performance, group goals and overall company performance
- Employees are also eligible for cash awards and plaques that celebrate achievements, tenure, family birthdays, and new family arrivals.
- Charitable Giving – Make It Better is an employee run charity that oversees the donation of approximately 1% of the company’s net income to charities that are within the communities of where our employees live and work and that are dedicated to helping those in need
Local candidates only please, no relocation assistance available